web site analysis
Your website is the home base for your business online, so it's important that it always looks and functions at its best. A website audit is wide-ranging, touching on the technical side to improve performance, SEO to increase visibility, and the user experience to ensure that site visitors can always find what they need. The result is a comprehensive, detailed web site analysis that shows exactly where you're succeeding, where your site could use improvement, and what changes can be made to increase conversions. The planning stage of a website redesign is the perfect time for a website audit, but there's never a bad time to make sure your site is performing at its very best.
- Website Performance – The technical performance of your website plays a crucial role in holding the attention of website visitors, whether giving eCommerce shoppers the confidence to make a purchase or providing the necessary elements for successful lead generation. A website audit will catch any issues with loading times, site design, mobile site responsiveness, and the many unseen elements that go into an optimized website.
- User Experience – The user experience starts the moment a visitor lands on your website, and has a huge impact on conversion rates. It includes navigation, information architecture, page design, content, mobile usability, site speed, and much more. Getting the user experience right should be a top priority, and a web audit is the ideal place to start.
- Site Structure – Website design trends change over time, so a site that looked great when it launched may start feeling a little stale after it's been around a few years. By conducting a full web site analysis, you'll learn whether the look, feel, and function of your site could use an update. Even if you don't go for a full redesign, a few subtle changes can make a big difference.
- SEO & Online Marketing Audit – Is your site optimized for Google's latest standards? Can visitors find relevant content easily, and is your content leading to conversions? Are you using social media correctly? And what about the quality of the backlinks to your site? Your website is the hub of all your online marketing, so it's important to make sure each element of your online marketing strategy is performing at its best.
- Competitive Analysis – Are you too focused on your own business that you don’t know what your competitors are doing online? There are so many ways to ‘spy’ on your competitors to analyze what you can do to get the edge. What audit would be complete without a comprehensive competitive analysis?
- Turning a Web Audit into Action – For most businesses, a website audit is the first step toward an update or redesign. Just as with remodeling a home, it's always best to have a plan for how to rebuild before you start knocking down walls. A website audit doesn't just show how your current site is functioning. It also provides a plan for how to move forward, and how to make the most of your online marketing investment.